What is Microsoft Email Exchange?
Microsoft Exchange is an email server, calendar / scheduling software and contacts manager. It runs on a Windows server and is part of the Microsoft line of products.
You can move to the cloud on your own terms, share calendars and schedule meetings regardless of the environment your mailbox is in. This works on any device with a web browser.Outlook can now be customized with apps from the office marketplace.
Microsoft Email Exchange Features
- Large Mailboxes - Each user will recieve 50 GB of mailbox storage and can send mails up to 25 MB in size.
- Outlook Support - As a user, you can connect to supported versions of Microsoft Outlook to Exchange Online, there you will be able to use the "Rich Client' application you already know.
- Web Based access - Outlook web app provides a premium browser-based experience which matches the look and feel of the full Outlook experience.
- Mobility - Mobile access is available from all phones that can recieve email, including windows Phone, Iphones, Android and Blackberry devices.
- Shared Calendar and Contacts - You are able to schedule meetings and access collaboration features, including shared calendars, groups, Global address list, external contacts, tasks, conference rooms and delegation capabilities.
- Security - Each mailbox is protected with premier anit-malware and anti-spam protection via exchange online protection.
- In-Place Archive - Reduce inbox clutter by automatically moving old messages to an "In-Place Archive"
- Unlimited Storage - You are able to take advantage of unlimited storage, this includes your 50 GB storage in your mailbox and then further storage in your "In-Place Archive"
- Data Loss Prevention - You are able to control sensitive business data with a built-in data loss prevention policy based on regulated standards which help monitor and protect sensitive data through deep content analysis.